“And among His Signs is that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that you may dwell in tranquility with them, and He put love and mercy between your hearts. Verily in that are Signs for those who reflect.” – Quran [30:21]
Masjid Al-Fatiha is pleased to provide marriage services to its community.
Requirements: In order to get married one would need the following:
- A valid marriage license from the county or an official marriage certificate.
- A valid identification such as driver license, passport, I.D., etc…
- Two Muslim witnesses (Witnesses must provide valid identification) – The masjid will not provide any witnesses.
- A dowry, i.e. a gift from the groom to the bride must be agreed upon before the service.
Fees: Contact us to discuss applicable fees for the service.
Appointment: To make an appointment contact Imam Rahmat at Tel: (626) 815-8679
Marriage is sacred union that requires a lifetime commitment. It is important that couples have an appreciation and understanding for the commitment that they are about to make. Therefore, it is recommended that couples under the age of 35 are consider taking a Pre-Marriage course.
CLASSRoads offers an online pre-marriage called “Before You Say “I Do” that may be helpful. Details on the course are provided below for your convenience. CLASSRoads is not affiliated with Masjid Al-Fatiha.
A successful marriage doesn’t just happen. It’s not simply a matter of luck or finding the right person. It takes hard work and determination. This pre-marriage course will help you develop the skills needed to make sure you have a successful marriage filled with love, compassion and cooperation.
Beneficial for individuals contemplating marriage, prospective brides and grooms, family advisors, counselors, youth leaders and others.
- Noha Alshugairi, Marriage and Family Therapist
- Metra Azar-Salem, Marriage and Family Therapist
- Munira Ezzedine, Marriage and Family Therapist
- Jihad Turk, President, Bayan Claremont Islamic Graduate School
Instruction Time: Over 3 hours of video content, plus downloadable notes and online quizzes
- Myths vs. Realities of Marriage
- Self Reflection
- Qualities to Find in a Spouse
- How Do I get to Know Someone?
- Discussing Core Topics
- Marriage Compatibility
- The Importance of Commitment
Course Fee: $50/person (60 day access)
Enroll: This is a self-paced course. Once your enrollment has been processed, you can login at any time and go through the course topics at your own pace. The total duration of the course is 60 days from the date of enrollment. Access to the course will come to an end after that time period.
Once you’ve signed up and logged in, select “Enroll in Institution Courses” from the Courses menu to enroll in this course.